Racking & shelving are ubiquitous elements of most modern warehouses, manufacturing facilities, retail centres and distribution facilities. Storage Management Systems can improve your storage efficiency with high density storage racking or shelving. Various options are available with accessories to suit your application.
Static racking is the support you need with standard to heavy duty racking and ranges from roll formed to clip-in to a structural bolt-together configuration.
- Most types of pallets can be stored
- Utilises your headroom to a maximum
- Offers high flexibility
- Can carry heavy-loads due to additional beams can be added
- 100% product accessibility due to selective picking
- No need to extend your footprint due to multiple levels
- Caters for a large variety of products enabling a high SKU count
- Offers quick installation and easy replacing of damaged components
- Space maximisation
- A homogeneous product
- Low turnover
- FIFO or LIFO
- Large stock holding per SKU
- Cooler or freezer applications
- High density storage at a minimum cost
- Increase floor utilisation by up to 50%
- Optimisation of space
- Refrigerated chambers
- High selectivity
- Increase floor utilization by up to 80%
- Low maintenance requirements
- 100% product/material accessibility
- Light-weight with maximum storage capabilities
- Separate loading and off loading
- Uses gravity to provide automatic FIFO operation
- Increase floor utilisation by up to 50%
- Safely stores heavy loaded pallets
- Gravity Flow: The racking facility has a loading area (highest) and an unloading area on the opposite end of the roller beds. It offers ideal storage for FIFO (first in, first out) racking systems and in cases where stock turnover control is important.
- Push Back: The racking facility has a single loading/ unloading area. It offers ideal storage for LIFO (last in, first out) systems and in cases where the amount of references prevails over the volume of each reference.
- Increased security
- Great stock turnover control
- Saves space
- Optimisation of space maximisation of height
- Selective – immediate access to product/ material
- MANUAL LOADING
- CARDBOARD AND PLASTIC BOXES, BULK
- Versatile, given its adaptability to any type of unit load
- Selective, as it allows immediate access to all unit loads and/or references stored
- Dynamic, since it is easily assembled and/or disassembled, and components are also easily replaced and/or added
- Flooring is demountable and adjustable to suit your changing needs
- It is a temporary structure, that is, not part of a building, and can be dismantled and removed or moved elsewhere
- Increases the effective working area
- Easy to assemble
- Efficient and economical
- Easy to assemble
- Safely utilises height
- Maximum resistance with maximum storage capacity
- Standard bolted shelving – documentation
- Boltless shelving
- Wire shelving
- Galvanised – durable, hardwearing for harsh environments.
- Shelf dividers
- Intermediate shelves
- High rise
- Top performance
- Great cost benefit
There are several types of Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS) called Unit-load AS/RS, Mini-load AS/RS, Mid-Load AS/RS, Vertical Lift Modules (VLMs) and Vertical Carousels. These systems can either be stand-alone units or in integrated workstations called pods or systems. Usually these units are integrated with various types of pick to light systems and use either a microprocessor controller for basic usage or inventory management software. Maximising space utilization are the greatest advantage of these systems where space utilization can be increased by up to 90%, productivity levels by 90%, accuracy to 99.9%, levels and throughput up to 1000 lines per hour/per operator or more depending on the configuration of the system.
- Rigid single-mast construction design for high dynamic resilience
- 2-wheel drive for high acceleration and traveling dynamics
- Low-wear bearing with vulkolan and polyamide guide rollers for extremely smooth running
- All critical service elements are accessible without ladder / platform, including the control cabinet
- Service and setting up can be carried out in narrow running aisles
- Complies with high safety standards
- Maximum throughput through parallel processing
- Single- and multi-deep storage
- Highest variability for customized solutions
- Maximum energy efficiency with respect to moving containers
- Sequence buffering between operations with disparate timing.
- Reordering input and output to improve upstream productivity while meeting downstream demands.
- Goods to man order picking
- Feeding unit sortation induction stations.
- Mixed case pallet building.
- Sorting, staging and accumulating as a conveyor replacement.
- Smooth, high-speed, low-wear operation.
- High availability and reliability due to modular design and scalable architecture.
- Ability to redundantly store inventory and spread transactions to allow for complete failover safeguards.
- 220-pound / 100 KG load handling capability.
- Ability to handle various load types
- Safe & quiet operation
- Low energy consumption due to run on demand design and low weight.
- Long service life, high load capacity
- Maintenance & operational costs
- Ease of use
- Time saving
- Value adding
Key Features of the Pallet Mole™
- Electro-Mechanical Lifting & Traction System – Reduces maintenance costs and downtime.
- Full two way communication – provide vital information back to operator
- Positive FLT positioning
- AC driven technology – Reducing maintenance costs, improving reliability and efficiency
- Regenerative Braking – 20% longer battery life
- Operational Warnings
- Lower maintenance wheels
- Dual spacing system
- Control and positioning is fully autonomous
- Removable Battery packs - making 24hour operation possible
- Patented Pallet CountSystem
- Pallet Mole Recovery Mode
- “Battery Low” Fail Safe Function
- “Pallet Shuffle” Function
- Secure Locking Mechanism
- Pick by quantity Function
- Option1 “AD-HOC” – proprietary Wi-Fi controller
- Option 2 “AD-HOC” – any Wi-Fi enabled, “smart” device
- Option 3 “Infrastructure” Wi-Fi Network - Semi Automated option
- Option 4 “Infrastructure” Wi-Fi Network - Automated
How the Pallet Mole works:Powered by on-board rechargeable batteries, the Pallet MoleTM is driven on rails, into a specially designed racking system of tunnels. Using the lifting platform and positioning sensors, each load is then transported to the furthest available storage location in the tunnel. Storage and retrieval are both conveniently operated by the forklift truck driver using a remote control.
Mole Management SystemTM (MMS)The MMS monitors, controls and records information pertaining to Pallet Mole™ units. The system is a “ Lite “ version of our full “Control-IT” warehouse control system (WCS). This system monitors all Pallet Mole™ units, within the warehouse in a user friendly manner that is easy to navigate, simple to access and incredibly informative. The data is always available to the client and therefore can be used by internal data analytics teams to illustrate working hour statistics, operational statistics, power consumption and even pro-active, automated service notification. This simple openness of data allows us to work with the customer to achieve the desired goals of the facility. The MMS can always operate as a standalone application but if required, also integrates seamlessly with our warehouse management system (WMS) called Track-IT™.
|High Storage Density||
|Fully Automated, Perpetual Pallet Count||
SYSTEM RESOURCESPallet Mole / Transfer Car / Vertical Transfer Unit
- High Pallet through-put requirement - In this scenario, Vertical Transfer Units (VTU’s) are used to transfer Pallets only to various storage levels. Dedicated Mole Transfer Carts (MTC’s) and Pallet MoleTM units are assigned per storage level.
- Low pallet through-put requirement - In this scenario, Vertical Transfer Units (VTU’s) are used to transfer Pallet MoleTM units and/or Pallets, together with Mole Transfer Carts (MTC’s) between various storage levels.
STOCK MANAGEMENT & CONTROL SOFTWARE
• Individual support of your specific processes
• Scalability according to requirements
• Easy integration into other systems
• Flexibility for future extensions
• Reliability thanks to state-of-the-art technologies
FAM SYSTEM FEATURES
|MHE movement speed||All MHE travels at 1m/s when fully loaded and 1.25m/s when empty. This is done to safely reduce cycle times.|
|MHE weight bearing||Maximum pallet loads of 1,500kgs can be handled. Heavier loads can be handled with customised MHE design.|
|Modular design||The system is designed in a modular way to allow for sections to simply be added on in future extensions of a warehouse.|
|Quickly constructible and de-constructible||As opposed to other AS/RS systems, FAM systems are quick to assemble and dissemble which allows them to be moved within warehouses or from and to facilities as required.|
|Complete/partial automation options||The FAM system can be placed into a system directly after an industrial fabrication process. This allows a fully automated system from raw materials to palletised products and lastly distribution. Alternatively, the FAM system can be configured to accept pallets manually by fork-truck operators, etc.|
|Traceability of items||Full traceability of stock through barcodes / RFID tags allows FAM systems to offer security of stock.|
|Perpetual stock count||The FAM system does its own “housekeeping” when the system is not in use / undergoing minimal usage, it performs an automatic, perpetual stock count of pallets in the system. It ensures that the stock within the database matches the stock within the system. It flags any differences.|
|Simple user interface||The user interface is designed to be easy-to-use, offer a powerful, “Dash-board system overview”, depicting the amount of data visually/graphically.|
|ERP integration||The FAM system offers full integration with any existing ERP system. Integration is via simple, pre-defined data tables in a common database, shared between “Track-IT” WMS and customer ERP system.|
Stateof- the-art camera systems for efficient troubleshooting and increase of the operating comfort may avoid accessing the ASRS machine for fault finding. These machines can also be equipped with state-of-the-art energy saving technology on request. This comprises an active coordination of the running axis to achieve energy-optimised running profiles. In addition an optional energy recovery system is available, e.g. to recover excess brake energy and feed into the supply grid instead of emitting it as heat through the brake resistors. Energy-efficient high-bay warehouses also require optimisation of the overall system. Benefits
- reduced labour for transporting items into and out of inventory
- reduced inventory levels
- more accurate tracking of inventory
- space savings
- Hänel Rotomat Storage > Vertical Carousel technology
- Hänel Lean Lift Storage > Vertical Lift technology
- Hänel Multi-Space
Hänel Rotomat® Storage Carousels
- Optimum use of floor space. There are no upper limits to the Rotomat®.
- The Rotomat® is as flexible as you need it to be. Even systems with multiple access points on different floors are possible.
- Goods to man is the motto instead of man to goods. Time is saved and access times reduced.
- High-performance controllers and interface with IT systems make the Rotomat® flexible and adaptable to customized applications.
- The requested part or tool is brought automatically to the ergonomic retrieval height.
- Safety has top priority. No ladder-climbing, no risk of accidents.
- The Rotomat® protects all the parts from dust, light and unauthorized access.
- Elegant design and five modern colors to choose from. Customized finishes are possible.
Hänel Lean Lift®
- Over 60% more storage capacity for warehouse storage
- Fast storage and retrieval time
- Optimum storage capacity, due to height-optimized storage
- Storage and handling of bulky and heavy parts
- Load-carrying capacity per container up to 1,000 kg
- Load-carrying capacity per Lean-lift up to 50,000 kg (tested statics)
- Material to operator, not operator to materials: this saves time
- Built in Security
- High efficiency and cost saving
- Storage of dissimilar sized items
The Hänel Multi-Space®
- Modular scalability with the use of additional storage units (payload up to 40 tons per unit)
- Unique extractor design in state-of-the-art lightweight construction (as used in bridge engineering) ensures maximum stability.
- The Hänel Multi-Space® offers modular scalability in height and width – up to a total width of over 9 meters.
- Variable container widths, different payload capacities and the Hänel multiple pitch ensure the optimal solution for any challenge to compact storage.